Thursday, May 5, 2011

wet bags

I made a couple of wet bags recently as gifts, I enjoyed making them and think I could use one myself, even though we don't have anymore diapers in our house.  This bag has many uses and I think it would be a handy item for anyone, not just diapering....boy do i wish i had one when we were though.
I saw this bright fabric by Sandi Hendersons line Meadow Sweet and thought is was fun and cheery for this bag, I am using it as a gift bag for the baby quilt from my earlier post.  I added a name frame with clear vinyl to label who the bag belongs to or its contents.  I think a snap strap is useful also, and I like to add pull tabs on my zippered bags.  The inside has PUL lining and I boxed off the bottom so the bag will stand up when filling it.  This is a simple project that I may do a little tute on but for now I will give out the dimentions:

cut 2 of outer fabric and 2 of PUL lining
13x16

cut contrasting fabric 15x3
this is for the strap and the pulls

14" zipper

The finished measurements are apx 12x12, the extra amount in the length is to account for the square bottom

On this bag I added a pocket on the outside


using the dimensions i gave above, you can put this bag together with out instructions.  This little tute got me going on bag lining and zippers, once i made this little bag i just started making all sizes and shapes just off of the instructions from this blog, so YOU CAN TOO!

No comments:

Post a Comment