Monday, May 2, 2011

baby quilt

I love the chance to make baby gifts, and its even more fun when the person you are making a gift for LOVES color.  This is a simple strip quilt, I made strips the width of the fabric by 2,3,or 5.  It sews up fast. 
                                        
Then I used It's a Hoot by Momo on the back
I quilted around the bird and the hills on the front and in the ditch on the other strips

I bound the quilt with Joel Dewberry Modern Meadow Acorn Chain in Pond, love this fabric, it goes with so many prints.  One of those complimentary fabrics you can never have enough of.

3 comments:

  1. Cute! I was going to ask you how wide you made your strips...now I know :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That's really nice. I haven't seen you in awhile. It's good to see that you are keeping yourself busy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is soooo cute. Love all the color. I am saving this idea for later :)

    ReplyDelete